Sunday, 29 September 2013

Lorde

Bonjour,

So almost another week has gone by without another blog post, sorry. But today I'm posting about a new favourite artist of mine: Lorde. Quite a lot of Australian people I follow on Polyvore have been raving about her music for quite a while, so I finally decided to see what all the hype was about, and I really regret not doing so earlier.


Wikipedia says:
Ella Yelich-O'Connor (born 7 November 1996), known by her stage name Lorde, is a New Zealand singer-songwriter. She released her first EP, The Love Club EP, in March 2013 and her second single, "Tennis Court", in June 2013. The artist's d├ębut album, Pure Heroine, was released on September 27, 2013.

I love the feel of her music, it's so mellow and deep, though her genre is supposed to be electropop - I've heard her likened to a cross between Lana Del Rey and Marina & the Diamonds, two of my absolute favourite artists. But the lyrics are just out of this world - I can't even describe how beautiful and evocative some of them are, not to mention the fact she's only 16! Her song Tennis Court is my absolute favourite of all time, I can't even express my love for it.

Here are my favourite songs of hers - enjoy!

Tennis Court

Royals

Team

Million Dollar Bills

Bravado

Thanks for reading!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment